Belgium Tenders

Home » Europe » Belgium


Capital Brussels
ISO 3166 Code BE
Population 11,233,192
Area, Sq KM 32,545
Currency Euro
Official Language Dutch, French, German
GDP, Billion USD 5,24,806
GDP Growth Rate, % 1.0
Inflation, Avg CP, % Chng .05
Interest Rates, % N/A
Unemployement Rate, % 9.1
Exchange Rate, 1 USD Equals .88
International dial code 32
Time Zone GMT+01:00
Internet TLD .be

Belgium, a federal monarchy of Western Europe, has got a population of 11 million and covers an area of 30,528 square kilometers. Belgium mainly comprises of two linguistic groups the French speaking people who constitute about 41 percent of the total population and the remaining 59 percent of the population is covered by Dutch speaking people. This country can be divided into three geographical regions such as the Ardennes uplands located in the south eastern part of the country, the central plateau and finally the coastal plain situated in the north-west. Belgium shares its borders with Netherlands, Germany, France and Luxembourg. This country can be divided into three regions, Walloon and Flemish regions are sub divided into provinces but the third region which is known as Brussels Captial Region is not a part of any province. The history of Belgium can be traced back to 100 B.C when a group of Germanic and Celtic people inhabited the land. Later the shift of power took place from one ruler to another that ultimately lead to a series of significant political and geographical changes for the country. The repetitive German invasions influenced the people and culture of this country to a great extent. In the year 1951, Belgium became one of the founding members of the European Coal and Steel Community along with European Economic Community and European Atomic Energy Community. European Economic Community later became the European Union. In the year 2007, Belgium bagged the tag of the World’s 15th largest trading nation. The country is located in the heart of an extremely high industrialized location and the transport infrastructure of this company is properly integrated with the rest of Europe. High exports per capita, high GNP along with productive and efficient work force are some of the key aspects of the economy of this country. The economy of this country being highly service oriented shows a dual nature, the Flemish Economy that is always ahead than Walloon Economy that lags behind most of the times. Belgium is a strong supporter of open economy and was also the first European country where the Industrial Revolution could be seen in early 19th century. Belgian Franc was the currency of Belgium from the year 1830 to 2002 after which it was changed to Euro. Chemicals, machineries and equipment, oil products, transportation materials, food products or pharmaceutical products are some of the items that are imported whereas finished diamonds, metal and metal products are the items that are exported by the country.

Belgium Tenders By Industry

Free Access
Get Instant FREE Access to 1 Million tenders.


  We are proud to inform that the services of Tendersontime have been of great help in developing our business.  
Gigabyte Technologies

  We get daily opportunities of relevant tenders from Tendersontime and we are happy.  
Adarsh Printers