Consultant in Support of the Child Protection Section for Monitoring and Control of WASH Infrastructure Construction Works
4th Aug 2019
UNITED NATIONS INTERNATIONAL CHILDREN`S EMERGENCY FUND Libreville
Area Office Mail address
Boite Postale 20 448
Maison des Nations Unies
Pont du Gue-Gue
Telephone Country code 241
City code - 07.99.99.31 /05.09.12.41 Gabon Email :email@example.com
Tenders are invited for Consultant in Support of the Child Protection Section for Monitoring and Control of WASH Infrastructure Construction Works at Libreville Central Prison, Gabon
Since 2016, UNICEF_GABON provides technical assistance for the strengthening of the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene sector to the Government of Gabon within the framework of the Country Program.
As part of the implementation of this program in 2019, construction work on WASH infrastructure has been scheduled.
The DHS II of Gabon (2013) reveals a proportion of households consuming drinking water of 89% in 2012, 98% in urban areas and 49% in rural areas. In rural areas, 27% of the population consume surface water. Individual sanitation (building latrines and wells at home) is very limited, and the use of unshared improved toilets only affects 34% of the total population and 11% of the rural population.
For several years, the Central Prison of Libreville knows enormous difficulties of supply of drinking water for its 3250 residents including 3000 prisoners including children. It is in this context that a request from the Government requested the completion of a drilling to meet the need for drinking water of this prison structure.
Technical feasibility studies and construction control of WASH infrastructures in general and those of boreholes in particular are very important steps to ensure the quality of infrastructure and hence their sustainability.
Recognizing the importance of these steps, Unicef ??Gabon required the support of a Consultant for needs assessment, technical feasibility, bid analysis and work control.
This work requires proven expertise to monitor and control on the job. Contrary to certain works whose control can be carried out intermittently, the drilling works must be done on the job ie to be on the site of the works to follow all the stages of the works: implantation, perforation, equipment, development and test of flow, in short follow the company so that it can conform to the specifications and the contract.
For this, the support of a Consultant is necessary. This support will make it possible to carry out the various phases of the works: the evaluation and the analysis of the needs, the drafting of a technical specifications, the preparation of a call for tender, the administrative and technical analysis of the offers, the selection of the winning company, the documentation of the drilling, the drilling and the drilling flow test, the provisional acceptance of the drilling.
2. Mission objectives and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Chief of the Child Protection Section, the International Consultant is expected to play an important role in the assessment and analysis of needs, the drafting of technical specifications, the preparation of a tender, the administrative and technical analysis of the tenders, the selection of the successful bidder, the documentation, the drilling survey and the drilling flow test and the provisional acceptance of the WASH infrastructure construction work within the Central Prison of Libreville.
Supervisor: Chief Child Protection Section
3.Description of the tasks and expected products
The International Consultant will have to work with the partners, the Head of the Child Protection Section, the Head of the Survival Section, for the assessment and analysis of the needs, the drafting of a technical specifications, the preparation of a tender, the administrative and technical analysis of the offers and the final selection of the company, also to make in-situ visits and to prepare a report of control of the works, to prepare the minutes of reception of the works.
The main expected products are:
• An inventory of existing WASH infrastructures in the targeted site (Libreville Central Prison);
• A technical assessment report on the WASH infrastructure requirements in the project site;
• A tender dossier for the construction of the WASH work in the intervention site;
• An administrative and technical analysis report of the offers;
• A final selection report of the successful bidder;
• A work control report including a drilling report and drilling report;
• Minutes of the provisional acceptance of works.
4. Main tasks and sub-tasks
4.1. Evaluation and analysis of WASH infrastructure needs of the Central Prison of Libreville
4.1.1. Identify with administrators WASH infrastructure requirements for drilling, drinking water supply and sanitary facilities;
4.1.2. Check the feasibility of the construction of a borehole, the supply of drinking water and toilets, make the necessary corrections.
An assessment report and needs analysis developed and available 19 August to 23 August 2019 (working distance)
4.2. Preparation of a tender document for the construction of WASH infrastructures at the Libreville Central Prison.
4.2.1. Elaborate a CAD draft according to the available canvas of the needs of the works for the realization of WASH infrastructures at the Central Prison of Libreville according to the rules of the art of procurement;
4.2.2. Develop and have signed the ToR of the works corresponding to the DAO and have it approved by the Section and Management
4.2.3. Coordinate the administrative and technical analysis of the offers, and prepare the reports of the administrative analysis and the technical evaluation of the offers
4.2.4. Validate the final selection report
Draft technical specifications for CAD developed and available
A report of administrative and technical analysis of the offers A distance 26 to August 30, 2019 (work with distance)
4.3. Document the drilling (layout sheet, stratigraphic log file, pumping test sheet, physico-chemical and bacteriological analysis sheet) A documentary report of the drilling)
September 16 to 25, 2019 (Mission to Libreville)
4. 4. Conduct drilling survey to certify and confirm depth, static level, 1-hour flow test.
4. Drill and prepare the minutes of provisional acceptance. Work
Draft Minutes for the provisional acceptance of the works drawn up and signed
5. Start date of contract: August 19, 2019
6. End of contract date: September 26, 2019
with 10 days of mission in Libreville, the rest of the consultation is home-based
• 1 inventory of existing WASH infrastructures in the targeted site (Libreville Central Prison);
• 1 technical assessment report on WASH infrastructure requirements in the project site;
• 1 tender dossier for the construction of WASH works in the intervention site;
• 1 administrative and technical analysis report of the offers;
• 1 final selection report;
• 1 drilling report;
• 1 drilling report;
• 1 PV of provisional acceptance of the signed works.
8. Evaluation of the performance:
The consultant will be evaluated on the basis of the work plan defined at the beginning of the consultancy with the supervisor.
9. Qualifications required / Professional experience
• Hydraulic engineer or hydrogeologist or Master in water with at least 5 years of experience in the management of hydraulic projects at UNICEF level or in the United Nations System Agencies, either in International Aid Organizations or in the Private Sector ;
• Have extensive field experience in the assessment, analysis, preparation and implementation of WASH infrastructure construction projects.
• Mastery of the computer tool (Excel, Word and Internet);
• Demonstrate the ability to work in a multicultural and energized environment (security, workload);
• Have strong analytical skills;
• Ability to work in a team and meet deadlines;
• Have a promptness in the organization of work;
• Have excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Good willingness to work in harmony with other organizations;
• Be prepared to work and travel in difficult conditions;
• Speak fluently French;
• Be willing to work for the core values ??and missions of UNICEF;
• Mastery of GIS type software would be an asset.
• International experience in the framework of a similar mandatory mission, proven expertise for monitoring and on-site monitoring
• Experience of the Gabonese context in the field of WASH infrastructure construction is strongly desired.
UNICEF is a non-smoking environment.
UNICEF is committed to respect for diversity and inclusion in its workforce, encourages all applicants, regardless of gender, nationality, religion and ethnicity, including persons with disabilities , to apply to become part of the organization. The feminine candidacies are deeply encouraged.
UNICEF has a policy of zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, and all forms of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will then have to undergo a rigorous verification of references and antecedents.
Advertised: 29th Jul 2019 W. Central Africa Standard Time
Applications close: 04 Aug 2019 11:55 PM W. Central Africa Standard Time