Consultancy Objective and Responsibilities
The objective of the project is to analyze business opportunities and existing bottlenecks in order to promote private sector investment in green technologies – particularly Waste Water Treatment Plants (WWTP). The Technical Expert will need to work in close coordination with the Finance Expert (see separate ToR) and WWF project staff.
The project will look at the investment opportunities from two perspectives.
Goal: To identify 2-4 investment opportunities and innovative mechanisms for centralized WWTP
Goal: To identify 1-3 innovative financing models as well as the market size and priority sectors for upscaling WWTP
Scope of work/ Major responsibility
• Identification of potential projects
• Identify technical solutions, ensuring compliance with IFC PS and EHS Guidelines and technologies that can be provided from the Netherlands
• Support market sounding in the Netherlands
• Preliminary project design including investment cost estimates and operation and maintenance cost estimates
• Support Socio-Economic cost benefit analysis
• Support Financial feasibility assessment
• Prepare an Environmental and Social Scoping Report. The report needs to follow the Performance Standards and guidelines of IFC and WB, and include the draft ToR for follow-up environmental and social assessment to be implemented in the feasibility phase.
The detail job description is at http://www.wwf.org.mm/en/myanmar_career_page/
• Technical expertise in drafting an industrial waste water treatment design that fits the needs of the local industries and complies with local regulation
• Project management skill to keep an eye on the day to day progress of the pre-feasibility study
• Sound coordination skill to build or strengthen relationship with local stakeholders resulting in a locally supported pre-feasibility study
• Demonstrated experience in the field of environmental & social assessment / scoping in developing countries
• Demonstrated experience in designing and costing industrial wastewater treatment systems in developing countries. This includes, but is not limited to, assessment of waste water characteristics, flow parameters, gradient, waste water compatibility, sludge management and experimentation – physical chemical, aerobic, anaerobic
• Solid understanding of working in SE context, particularly with local companies, and managing stakeholders’ expectation
• Willingness to travel to different cities in Myanmar and get foot on the ground attitude
• Ability to communicate clearly and define value proposition to local stakeholders
• Experience in clean production practices
• Familiarity in factory visits
Closing date: 26th April 2019 (Friday)
Interested applicants may submit their proposal, clearly stating their fit for this assignment, together with expected consultancy fee and expenses (including breakdown) and CV to email@example.com or deliver to WWF Myanmar office at 15C Than Taman Street, Dagon Township, Yangon. While separate proposals need to be submitted for the technical and the financial experts sought for this project, proposals for one may indicate a proposed collaborator for the other expert. Such proposals, however, need to explicitly accept that the expert is prepared to work with another expert, whoever WWF decides to select.
For additional information or clarification you can email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.